AUSTRALIAN JOB MARKET PROJECTIONS AND FORECASTS FOR 2023/24
HOW TO UNDERSTAND THIS GRAPH
WHICH JOBS WILL STILL BE AROUND BY 2025?
With the ever-changing shifts in how businesses work during and with the latest developments in AI & CHATGPT technology, it is inevitable that traditional ways of working will become obsolete. For example, the role of the traditional cashier at the bank has moved to full digital transformation. Data analytics and AI/ML roles are booming as are Project Managers. Customer service roles are also on the increase. Logistics has seen significant growth although front line jobs are being automated. Construction workers have seen automated equipment such as bricklaying being trialled in Australia. Inventory controllers have seen their work removed with the advent of the latest scanning and inventory control technology.
However, anything technology is always a major hit; from machine-learning engineers through to big data developers, full stack engineers, and more. In marketing, data analytics has seen huge growth as have areas that focus on customer success and the customer journey. There would always be a need for frontline sales, and management positions are less at risk providing the incumbent is commercially savvy, a technology innovator, and able to get the most out of their staff. And, let’s not forget the Health Sector, someone needs to look after all those bad backs and poor postures!
EMPLOYMENT POSITION GROWTH BY SECTORS [HIGHLIGHTS]
- Administration & Support | Data Base Administrators, Spreadsheet Guru’s, PA/EAs, Customer Experience
- Accounting | Data Analytics, Financial Analysts, Commercial Analysts
- Advertising & Media | Digital, Creative, Account Directors/Managers, Content Builders
- Banking & Finance | Analysts, Equity Specialists, Risk Management, Relationship Managers
- Engineering & Construction | Project Managers, Contract Administrators/Managers, Technicians, AutoCAD, MATLAB, PLC Specialists
- Human Resources | Workplace Management, Organisational Development, Change Managers, HR Partners
- Information Technology | Cloud Experts, Security, Data Warehousing, Architects, Network Infrastructure Managers
- Manufacturing | Consulting, Outsource Specialists, LEAN Experts, Six Sigma
- Sales & Marketing | BDMs, Sales (Frontline), Digital Sales Specialists, IT Sales, SalesForce CRM,
- Transport & Logistics | 3PL Specialists, Supply Chain Consultants, Logistics Managers, Warehousing Operations
- Government | Analysts, Data Managers, Zoning Specialists,